Welcome to the first of what I hope will be many Meet the #bookstagrammer posts.
For my first #MTBP I couldn’t go past featuring the one and only @bluefairytales_.
Not only is she is a fabulous human with amazing blue hair, she has awesome photo skills, owns an awe inspiring library, loves Jurassic Park and dinos in general, has a pop collection to die for and publishes rants that highlight all the things we have wanted to say but might not be brave enough to. She’s just an awesome person.
When I was a wee bookstagrammer of just 1,000, Blue was one of the only people who replied to my message asking for help and guidance about the bookstagram world.
She had the patience of a Saint and answered all my questions about insta (yep, total newbie… hashtags what?!?!?) and bookstagram. Not only did she keep putting up with me but she came back and checked in on how I was doing.
Since then I’ve made many friends, occasional frenemies, attended book events and chatted with my favourite authors. My TBR pile exploded into something beautifully terrifying and most importantly I found my people. The people who whisper just one more chapter at 2am and understand the struggle of shelf space. Whether it’s better to organise by colour, genre or author. The people who who support each other no matter what they read.
I can babble on about bookstagram for ages so now it’s time to get into our Q&A. If you like what you hear be sure to swing by and give Blue a follow, I promise you won’t regret it.
1. How long have you been on bookstagram?I think I am heading into my third year on bookstagram… maybe my forth? It all seems to blur together.
2. How did you come up with your handle? I was midway through reading a collection of fairytales and thought why not try and incorporate my blue hair in it.
3. Did you know about bookstagram when you started or did you stumble into it? I actually got pushed into bookstagram by @thebookkat after we caught up and I whinged about how hard it was to find a good book
4. What is your favourite book and why? Why? Why ask such a hard question? This is torture! For which genre? I’m just going to think that you said Fantasy, which means that Prince of Thorns is my favourite book…. for Fantasy.
5. Do you eat snacks while reading and what’s your favourite thing to snack on? The perfect thing to have while reading is cheese, because cheese is life. So a nice cheese platter is the best way to go!
6. Would you rather go to Hogwarts or Narnia? Pfffttt Hogwarts!! Slytherin represent!
7. Do you use bookmarks or found items to mark your place? Ermmmm I usually find anything as a bookmark instead of actual bookmarks. Receipt, pen, well anything that is there can be a bookmark.
8. What piece of advice can you offer to new Bookstagrammers? Stick to it. It may seem overwhelming but you honestly find some wonderful people that you meet and make friends for life. Just be careful for the scrooges.
9. Who is your favourite author?James Patterson or Stephen King….. why do you keep making my trying and narrow it down to one… it’s too hard!
10. What is your favourite fairytale? The one where everyone dies. No I’m kidding I am all for Peter Pan and Robin Hood.
11. What’s one book you think everyone should read? PRINCE OF THORNS – I mean it is the perfect anti-hero book. No one can ever guess the ending. I mean it is the PERFECT book!!!
12. What book doesn’t get the attention it deserves? Can I say Prince of Thorns again? Nope… okayyyyy!!! Actually the Redwall series by Brian Jacques. I grew up on those books and they are still as amazing today as they were back then
13. What is your favourite book to movie adaptation? Harry Potter. Honestly is there anything better??
14. When you aren’t reading what are you doing? Throwing eggs at the neighbours kids, putting salt in my colleges coffee and laughing at inappropriate times.
15. Who would be your Hogwarts best friend? Why? Bellatrix Lestrange or Siruis Black. Depends on the definition of ‘friend’😉
A huge thank you to Blue for being my Guinea pig and jumping on board this blog train. Don’t forget if you have someone you want to see featured just reach out and we can have a chat.
Thanks for reading,